Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Excellent. I


After a lot of soul searching I finally worked out how I was going to make the first two of my Indian torchlight 2 classes Longhouses, you'll not believe how easy they were to make. After seeing the final effect it's inspired me to make some more terrain pieces. So now for the "How too"
3. This was the most time consuming part of the job, using a saw, a chisel, torchlight 2 classes plane and a stanley knife, I cut out the shape, I kept the wood at this length because torchlight 2 classes it was easier to use the plane, torchlight 2 classes long smooth torchlight 2 classes strokes (cough!), rather than short jerky strokes.
 5. For the massive sum of 49p I bought a years supply of brown crepe paper to use for the bark effect. I then cut out tons of different sized squares and stuck them onto the wooden blocks using PVA  wood glue, starting at the bottom and overlapping slightly with the next row.
 7. Over the last couple of months during walks in my local country park, (and at work, Fran!), I'd been collecting fallen twigs, I don't know the trees they came from, most must have been lying around for a while because they were very dry and brittle, but that's exactly how I wanted them. So after finding several lengths that looked to be around the same thickness, I cut them to size and glued them on with superglue, this turned out to be a little tricky as some of the twigs were not straight, (obviously!) so I glued them on there flattest side, which added to the effect, as they were then random looking.
12. After seeing pictures torchlight 2 classes of a porch like structure torchlight 2 classes on some of the longhouses online, I made one for one of mine just to make it look different, I just used the same kind of procedure as before. In this picture the porch looks to be a different colour, but it's not the case, just a little camera trick!
14. The building were painted in an undercoat of GW black, then painted all over with Miniature Paint No82 Earth Brown, followed by a heavy drybrush of Vallejo 821 German torchlight 2 classes Camo Beige, lastly another light drybrush of Vallejo 819 Iraqi Sand to highlight. The base was covered with PVA glue with sieved sharpe sand sprinkled on, with a few of the bigger stones left in. Then the base was dry brushed with Vallejo 976 Buff to highlight, lastly static grass was added for effect. So there you go........ Ray
Excellent. I'll have to remember that. I recently had one of my Conquest Longhouses stolen, torchlight 2 classes so maybe I'll replace it with a hom-made one. I hate using Twigs. i never seem to be able to find the right kind(or maybe I'm too anal). Instead of using twigs, you could also try using doweling and roughing it up a bit with a palm or belt sander to make it look irregular-enough. that would give you relatively straight straight "beams" that are still irregular looking. I did this with my Indian village on my blog. Reply Delete
Good stuff mate - the simplest methods are often the most effective, but still time consuming. By saying "The scalps were once again Fran's pinched Greenstuff" did you really mean "The scalps were once again Fran's filled with Greenstuff"? torchlight 2 classes :-) Reply Delete
Cheers lads! @ Fran - Do you really think you could??? @ Stephen - I read about your stuff going missing, such a shame. You could use dowling, like you said, just roughed up a bit. I bought some bamboo BBQ skewers, very cheap at the supermarket, they'd do as well. @ Mancave torchlight 2 classes - I'd pinch anything torchlight 2 classes off of Fran, but not the Zombies, and I know he'd nick anything of mine too, infact torchlight 2 classes a couple of months ago he sold a Flames of War book (German Parartroops one) on ebay and was very happy with the £29 he got for it, until I told him I'd lent him the book a couple of months before!!!!! And he still hasn't give me the money back, tight git!! @ Ubique - Cheers! @ Kingsley - I'm sure you could!! Reply Delete
@ Barry S - I've just realised torchlight 2 classes who you are! I love the buildings torchlight 2 classes you've made, it was your buildings that inspired me to make my own. I love the stockade/blockhouse you made. I plan to make one myself, copying some of your layouts! Reply Delete
Wow, Blown away with your creative talent! Wonderful tutorial on making the longhouse which has help give me ideas on how to make my own Irish dun-raith/dwelling. The palisade and earth work should be easy. But still figuring how to do the thatch roof. If you go to my blog you can see what I use to do. But a back injury just keeps getting worse and I can no longer carry camera gear around....so I just sent off for my first miniature to paint! torchlight 2 classes Wow 28mm is really small. The figure I sent off for is Brian Boru. I'm very into family history, and the bulk of my ancestry is Gaelic (Irish & Scot) so that is the genre I'm attempting to do. I'm also interested torchlight 2 classes in the Wild Geese in the Service of France, particularly Clare/O'Brien's regiment. If I may ask, what French regiment do you use? I think the banner would be the hardest

No comments:

Post a Comment